Wow. The last few weeks have me reeling. I'm almost in my 9th month of living a healthy lifestyle. This is not news. People around me have had enough time by now to acclimate. So I can't understand why now....after this has been the norm for almost a year, that I'm receiving the most resistance.
I never lose sight of my support system. Without yall, things would be really hard. Don't get me wrong, I'm stubborn as crap, so I'd keep doing it even if I didn't have as much support as I do, just for the sake of being hard-headed. But I feel a responsibility to keep blogging about real life struggles because not every day is rainbows and flowers...and I have to say, the "haters" have been coming out of the woodwork left and right lately.
People that I thought were my friends have definitely shown their true colors and I do have to admit, that smarts a bit. I don't...and never did....expect people to blow sunshine up my butt for the rest of my life when I started this but I did expect a little common decency, even if they didn't agree with my choices.
Anyway, this month's blog is going to be short and to the point.
If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all. Don't go out of your way to ruin someone's day. Chances are, your opinion doesn't show up as even a blip on their radar and you're only doing yourself a disservice by taking the time out of your day to make someone else feel bad.
I appreciate all of your support more than you know. And the fact that you don't go out of your way to make someone feel badly about their life makes you incredible human beings in my eyes.
That old adage about sticks and stones is half-true...because words do hurt. No matter the amount of armor you're wearing.
No comments:
Post a Comment